Overheard at the WSOP...
* "Honey, you just can't be chickenshit at these things. You just wouldn't survive here. No offense." --Man on the phone with his wife explaining how his bluff got called to knock him out of the $3000 NL event
* "I'm on tilt." --James "KrazyKanuck" Worth sitting down at a lowly $125 single table satellite...with me...after he busted on the TV bubble in a $5000 event (Incidentally, I went on to chop that one, something I've done in my last three single table sats. Also, incidentally, the Kanuck is one really nice guy and it was fun to sit next to him).
* "Tell me your bad beat story:
$5 $2.50" --Seen in magic marker at a manned table in the hallway.
* "You're still here." --Ernie, the room service waiter who served me two weeks ago, then went on vacation with his family, then returned to find me in the same room.
* "She's been classically trained." --Dr. Pauly, at the hooker bar, while a Rio cocktail waitress danced on an elevated stage.