When I logged on to Stars this morning before work, I discovered that 74 people had already signed up for the World Poker Blogger Tour V tournament. That's the healthiest field yet.
With that in mind, I offer these predictions:
1) Austin Kearns will put his entire table on tilt, quintuple up before the first break, and then proceed to launch into a Andrew Dice Clay-ish chat-bar diatribe that will propel him to victory.
2) BadBlood, bouyed by his BoSox victory, will finally break out of his bubble slump and cash.
3) Star-gazing players, enamored with uber-blogger Wil Wheaton, will start chip-dumping to the famous guy just so they can say they got busted by somebody famous.
4) Al Can't Hang will play his maniac image to his advantage, pretend to be sober, and make the final table.
5) Iggy will win. Again.
Now, the top five reasons I won't make it to the final table:
1) How could any Missouri native in his right mind concentrate on poker when the St. Louis Cardinals are facing the Rocket in Game 7 of the NLCS?
2) I will be one of the people chip-dumping to Wheaton so I can say I lost to a famous guy.
3) CJ's brother, Lefty, has signed up and tends to put me on tilt any time we're together. One of our meetings ended up with me hiding under a sweetgum tree near my home. After a search party launched itself and circled the neighborhood, a friend eventually found me and reported that I would only say of my disappearance, "I was on the property. I was on the property."
4) I've been thinking about going to Vegas so much that I'm not sleeping well. When I do sleep, I'm dreaming about losing to one-outers on the river. Restless, I am.
5) The Otis Choke
Nevertheless, I'll sit down at 9pm tonight on Poker Stars, arrange necessities around me, and bannish all other Mt. Otis denizens to other rooms.
Sign-ups are available until right before the tournament under the private tournament tab.
Head over to Guinness and Poker for details and the tournament password.