It's a game that's sweeping the nation! I can only imagine it's soon to be featured on the OLN network complete with Euchre hole card cameras. Who wouldn't watch this?
With that in mind, and because Up For Poker is always on the cutting edge, we're announcing the First Quadrennial WPBT Euchre Championship Tournament. Why Quadrennial? Well, either we won't want to do this more than once every four years, or it will take four years to finish.
Here's how it will work...
1) Initial tournament will be restricted to 16 teams (32 players)
2) Teams will sign up as pairs, and to sign up, you email me at Euchre -@- UpForAnything.net. If you do not have a partner, and wish to play, drop your name in the comments and find one that way. You CAN NOT sign up as a team through the comments. You must email me.
3) All games will be played on Yahoo! Games.
4) Initial rounds will be best of 3 games, semi-finals will be best of 5 games and finals will be best of 7 games.
5) Once the tournament kicks off, teams will have one week to finish their round. Results can be posted in comments here or emailed to me at the address above.
6) There is no prize beyond pride in knowing who the best team is. If teams wish to wager amongst themselves, that's their choice.
7) All decisions of the Touranment Commissioner (me) are final.
I will list teams that signup below. If there is a great demand for more teams, I reserve the right to expand the field.
3) Matt from Austin/Megan from Austin (Readers and ringers?)
4) The Donkey Feltchers: Maudie/Daddy
5) GRob/Uncle Ted from G-Vegas
6) Jim Dingeman/Bob Paschke (readers, presumably, working on that)