It Just Keeps Getting Better! by Luckbox
I bet you were thinking there wasn't going to be anymore awesome news about the WPBT before you arrived next week.
Well, you're wrong. First it was PokerStars stepping up to the plate, now it's the awesome folks at Full Tilt Poker (Thanks AlCantHang!!!!!). Here we go:
Full Tilt Poker Add-ons
- Full Tilt Poker is adding $1000 to the WPBT Winter Classic tournament prize pool. It will be distributed thusly: $100 to the final table bubble, $300 for first, $200 for second, $175 for third, $125 for fourth, $100 for fifth.
- Full Tilt Poker is providing $500 for five bounties on players to be announced prior to the tournament. Each bounty player will have a trinket that you will be responsible for recovering when you knock them out and it is your responsibility to bring your trinket to me to get credit.
- The above added prize pools will be transferred into your Full Tilt Poker account. (What if you don't have a Full Tilt Poker account? First, it's free and easy to sign up! Second, you can provide us with whatever FTP account you wish, so if you want it deposited into someone else's account, we can arrange that.)
- Full Tilt Poker is ponying up $2000 for the food tab for the private suite at Lagasse's Stadium for football on Sunday. It's a phenomenal location to enjoy the games and having $2000 of the tab covered is tremendous! This covers the food tab, NOT the drink tab. And don't be that punk who leaves someone else paying for your drinks!
The Luckbox Last Longer Challenge III
- Teams of three must be formed before the tournament begins and submitted to The Luckbox. Team entries can be left in the comments of Up For Poker on THE ORIGINAL POST (this link), sent to cusephenom -@- yahoo DOT com, or done in person in Las Vegas.
- The Luckbox will be at the tournament site at 11am, one hour prior to the scheduled start time of the tournament. Live registration ends at 11:45am, 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time of the tournament. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Each team requires a $30 entry fee ($10 per person).
- If you are unable to find two teammates prior to the end of the Last Longer registration, you are ineligible to participate in the Last Longer competition.
- It is each team members' responsibility to notify The Luckbox (or his representative) upon his/her elimination. If notification is not made at the time of bust out, the player will be assigned the same amount of points he or she would have earned for busting out first.
- At the end of the event, each players' bust out number will be added together and the lowest total finishes first, 2nd lowest finishes second, etc. If two teams finish with the same total, the tie-breaker is the team with the top finishing player. No updates will be given on standings during the tournament to avoid giving anyone an advantage.
- From the added prize pool: $1,500 to winning team ($500 apiece) and then $900 for the second place team ($300 a piece) and then $600 for the third place team ($200 a piece). The added prize pool will be transferred into your PokerStars account. From the entry fee prize pool: 50% to the winning team, 30% to 2nd place and 20% to 3rd place. The entry fee prize pool will be handed out at the conclusion of the tournament. (What if you don't have a PokerStars account? First, it's free and easy to sign up! Second, you can provide us with whatever Stars account you wish if you're on the winning team. So if you want it deposited into someone else's account, we can arrange that.)
- Any and all disputes will be handled by The Luckbox and thisisnotapril. All decisions are final.
- By paying an entry fee, you are agreeing to the rules set forth here.
- PokerStars is putting up a $1000 prize pool for what we're calling the PokerStars WPBT O.G. Headhunter. $100 bounties will be placed on the heads of ten people in the tournament who were at the very first WPBT Winter Gathering in 2004. The names of the bounty players will be announced before the tourney begins.
- Each bounty player will have a trinket that you will be responsible for recovering when you knock them out and it is your responsibility to bring your trinket to me to get credit. Once again, prize money for the OGH will be deposited into your PokerStars account.
- PokerStars is putting up $500 for the Hammer Challenge. The first ten hammers shown for the win post-flop will receive $50 apiece. Again, those hammers must be shown post-flop. When you accomplish this feat, you'll need to stand up and yell, "Hammer" for confirmation from the floor and so I can record the feat. And, again, prize money for the HC will be deposited into your PokerStars account.